Information about Ciudad Quesada
• The town of Ciudad Quesada is a relatively new area located just 10 kilometers from the busy Costa Blanca south town of Torrevieja. The town is now one of the most popular in the area with thousands making the decision to buy and live there, also with business owners setting up business in this thriving little town.
• You don't have to go that far back to discover the short but successful history of Ciudad Quesada, Justo Quesada Samper had dream to build his own town on the Costa Blanca - and in the early 1970's Justo's dream was about to become true. Just in the past decade (1999) Quesada gained town status, opening the Ciudad Quesada town hall, along with its town status came other awards.
• The location of Quesada is perfect for those whom like to explore, moving from village to village to experience the Spanish way of life, or even for those that prefer to sit back and forget about the busy day to day world and enjoy their holidays.
• The main attraction in the area is Torrevieja, being the biggest town - Torrevieja has plenty on offer for those that live here permanently or for those that are spending their holidays in the area.
• The nearest villages that surround Quesada that are notable are Rojales - which is located just behind the golf and country club, Guardamar - which is a short drive away (nearest beach point), Algorfa, Benijofar and Los Montesinos.
• Quesada is known for its position, build up on a hill over looking the famous salt lakes in the area with a stunning back drop of the mountains in the background, a real mix of luxury villas to apartments and townhouses - no matter what your price range is when buying a property, there is something for everyone. When coming from Torrevieja towards Quesada, the bright white buildings really catch your eye - you simply can't miss Quesada.
• The forever popular Quesada has seen the town expand in recent years, with numerous new developments and urbanisations being added to all sides of Ciudad Quesada - it can't be seen as a small town any longer. There is a real mixture of permanent living residents to second home owners, Spanish nationals to expats from the UK, northern and central Europe - a nice and interesting place to be!
• Whether you are a resident or simply there on holiday, there is plenty to do see and do all year round, on sundays there is a market for those that enjoy bargain hunting or just browsing and many others within 10 - 15 minutes drive from Quesada. Like many of the towns and villages in the area - a golf and country club is on hand for the golf lovers, numerous other sporting clubs are available, dozens of bars to enjoy a drink in the sunshine, many restaurants with a wide range of cuisine on offer, local shops including supermarkets, clothes shops, electronic stores, hair and beauty from the ladies! Banks, petrol station and many other local services on hand when you need them.
• There are many different urbanisations that build up Quesada with different entry point to the town centre, however - the main entrance into Quesada known to everyone as the "arches" is the main focal point of the town and is home to the main bars, restaurants and businesses - the arches are very stylish and are a well known monument of Quesada.
• The main fiesta or party of the town is held at the end of July - a really exciting time for all with a parade that goes through the town, dancing and drinking until the very early hours of the morning - great celebrations and an unmissable event if you are in the area.
Property in Quesada
• Generally, property is Quesada is reasonably priced when on the market, however - with the world credit crisis (as they like to call it!) - there are more and more bargains available on the market which serious buyers are snapping up very quickly.
• As we have mentioned before, there is a real mix of townhouses, villas, apartments and bungalows with properties to satisfy all budgets.
• Quesada is a vibrant town and if you are looking to move to the Costa Blanca south - Quesada is definitely worth a visit to see if it is for you.
• Take a look at our properties in Quesada for sale, take the step and live the dream in Spain like many happy buyers have done. Before you look anywhere else - look at the Resale Centre, the longest established English Estate Agent in Torrevieja town centre.
• Low commission Estate Agents with dozens of bargains for sale in Quesada.